Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours! Obama Is Proof That Change Can Happen!


Tonight, more than any other, has shown much promise for America. This is a night many never envisioned possible. No longer can African Americans say they can not achieve, or that they do not have have an equal chance. No longer is "no we can't" in our regular vocabulary, instead we replace those words with, "YES WE CAN"; we shall overcome. History has been made; the people have spoken. This election has shown that equality reigns in America. An excuse is no longer exceptable in the United States of America. I feel the power of change. I feel pride. I am inspired. I feel that we, as Americans, are truly one. Things that have kept Americans apart have now been cast aside. Many of McCain's supporters booed during his speech when mentioning Obama, hopefully that distain will not continue over these next eight years. It is important that these McCain supporters learn to accept Obama as President of the United States. Change will happen, but this is just the beginning, it will not occur overnight; we must continue to be patient and work together. It took twenty one months of campaigning to get us here, let that patience continue. Good things come to those who wait. It is a long road ahead, but it is a road that has now be paved with hope. Obama captured this generation of voters with his speeches, politics, and ethics, and in turn won our hearts and votes. The doors of opportunity are open, our children are knocking, please join me in answering their call! To all who voted thank-you; change can happen! Gray, Trace & Kaden Kirby

No comments: